The term “toxic mold” refers to molds that produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum, and not to all molds in general. These toxic properties may also be used to the benefit of humans e.g. penicillin from Penicillium and so on. In low doses these toxins that could otherwise be deadly can be controlled to our benefit to fight off infection.
Symptoms caused by mold allergy are watery, itchy eyes, a chronic cough, headaches or migraines, difficulty breathing, rashes, tiredness, sinus problems, nasal blockage and frequent sneezing.