Confirming fungal systemic exposure
The EPA, in its effort to avoid and negate government liability, has failed to implement any regulations or standards for indoor mold contaminants. The CDC downplays the health effects, as well as the chances of becoming ill from fungal exposure. Sadly, this has made it exceedingly difficult to find reliable testing and treatment methods.
Likewise, there are no Threshold Limit Values (TLVs) for mold concentrations against which a room or building can be measured to determine if or to what extent humans have been exposed to molds in that building. There are certain physiological and statistical tests that can help indicate if a person might have been exposed to mold. It is important to remember, however, that these tests are not commonly used; instead, they measure human exposure to molds in extreme situations. Humans are exposed to molds in the natural environment on a daily basis without any adverse effect on their bodies. Over prolonged exposure, molds that produce mycotoxins can cause serious problems including mycotoxicosis, autoimmune disease; such as Multiple Sclerosis and fibromyalgia, and even Cancer.